The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Ammunition Reloading 200 45s in a weekend. Not too shabby

• ssswdon

November 12, 2021 at 3:26 pm

I think you need to put a minor taper crimp on those

• chuckomarek

Single stage press? I have a hard time doing more than 100 at a time. My personal best was 150. Good job

• MasterChedder

Dang I did a batch of 1,000 9mm over the course of a week when I first started reloading…. Needless to say I didn’t touch another piece of brass till I got a dillon. I still use my single stage for brass prep but that’s pretty much all it gets used for nowadays

• ticklishchicken

Now go let the smoke out and do it all over again next weekend!!! Well done. I manage 50 per sitting on my single stage when I’m lucky and the weather is bad.

• nsula_country

I did 50, 50 Beowulf in 1 sitting. Long evening.

• steamclams

Beautiful

• jph45

I loaded on a single stage best part of thirty years before I bought a progressive. Arthritis forced me into it, had to reduce the amount of work I was doing with my arm. The only question I had after the switch was what took me so long to do it. Reloading life is much easier now. You’ll still use that single stage for odd tasks and special runs. I have a 30 Herrett Contender that I still load on a single stage because I don’t want to fool with resetting the dies, but if it’s something I shoot every weekend, it’s loaded on the progressive. I have 2 Load Masters, one dedicated to 9mm, one I load everything from 32 Magnum to 308 Win on.

I assume from it’s age it’s a Rockchucker, you’ll make a lot of good ammo on that and it’ll do things a progressive will never do. You made some good ammo it looks like, Enjoy!

• dutchman195

Buy a 1050. That takes me less than 5 min to do

• brassgoblin45

*Looks at Dillon 750*

“Sure……a weekend.”

• -Rasczak

Are 45s more of a pain to reload than 9mm? I think i did 600 in a day on my single stage cause I was moving and wanted ammo reloaded so I didn’t have to set up my press asap after I moved.

• DeanCota

Fixed my issues, which turns out I had to dig around the shipping box that my dies came in, not the rcbs box, in order to find the round nose plug because I had been using a SWC plug by mistake ಠ_ʖಠ

Used the round nose, expanded a bit more, no problems for 200 rounds.

• MacHeadSK

In the past, I had a single stage Lee borrowed from my friend, as I was loading 9 mm for him on my Dillon 650 instead. I bought 1911 at that time and dies to use just that Lee single stage to reload .45 ACP because I thought “heck, his will be good enough, I’m not gonna shoot that much of .45 ACP anyway”.

Well, after one such weekend reloading .45 ACP I said myself – enough of this crap, I can reload those 200 rounds on Dillon in a 20 minutes! And then ordered .45 caliber conversion kit.
    My friend bought Dillon 650 too later…

• ssswdon

Looks like some Xtreme bullets

Reply to: james
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now