The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Handguns 6354DO for My G34.5 MOS. Question, do any of you guys open carry with one of these? If so is there a stigma since these are duty holsters and I’m not a LEO.

• 6354DO for My G34.5 MOS. Question, do any of you guys open carry with one of these? If so is there a stigma since these are duty holsters and I’m not a LEO.

Mateo updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 7 Posts
  • Mateo

June 14, 2021 at 11:05 pm

6354DO for My G34.5 MOS. Question, do any of you guys open carry with one of these? If so is there a stigma since these are duty holsters and I’m not a LEO.

• KaBar42

There’s nothing wrong with carrying in a Safariland.

I almost exclusively concealed carry nowadays, but when I open carry for whatever reason, I use Safarilands.

There’s no stigma, but I would advise you to dress professionally and carry yourself professionally. You can totally go outside wearing an anime t-shirt and open carrying, but less people will freak out if you have a tucked in polo. You’re also representing the gun community when you open carry, so please don’t do us dirty.

Also, tucked in shirts are more effective than untucked shirts for open carry.

• indefinitecarbon

I would suggest not open carrying as it will draw a lot of attention that’s not necessary or desireable.

If you’re attracting more attention you may draw it from people that you would prefer not to know that you have a firearm.

I don’t know if there is stigma – I don’t think it makes you a LEO wannabe (my humble opinion) – and it’s certainly a good holster with active retention, so you’re holster choice is strong.

Just think the cons outweigh the pros

• PNW_AJ

Yes for hunting. Camping and hiking depends on where otherwise hill people gear runners rig

• BurtGummersRecRoom

Wear your kit, king.

• Traveler357East

I saw that you have a concealed carry holster.. highly suggest you just keep it concealed. Anyone can walk up behind you and mug you of your weapon if you open carry.

• ihazguns

Open carry is the equivalent of that guy driving down the street in his Honda Civic blasting music loud that no one wants to hear. Only he thinks he looks cool. Everyone else thinks he’s a dick.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies
Reply to: Mateo
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now