The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles AR15 Any recommendations for .750 gas blocks with super tight tolerances?

• Any recommendations for .750 gas blocks with super tight tolerances?

brian updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 7 Posts
  • brian

May 18, 2021 at 2:12 am

I’ve got some Daniel Defense CHF barrels and all my gas blocks fit super loose, they easily slide off on their own just by tilting the barrel down. BCM, Wilson Combat, and CMMG blocks all spin on the barrel with little to no resistance.

I know, I know, send the barrels back but I don’t want to do that. God only knows how long it will take to get replacements in this market and that’s assuming that DD agrees it’s a problem after inspecting them. I once sent DD a defective handguard and it took 2 months to get a replacement. I guess I could bed the blocks with Green Loctite but ugh, I hate doing that. I wish some companies would just undersize the blocks so gunsmiths can hone them to fit perfectly.

Does anyone know of any gas blocks that are known to have super tight tolerances or are even slightly undersized?

• ResidentSarcastic

Carbon should seal it eventually

• chef8489

I have never seen a Daniel Defense barrel that was our of spec and you are saying you have multiple? Something doesn’t seem right.

• Irish_McJesus

I would maybe take a few photographs of proof and send them to DD before you go through the hassle of shipping them back. At least get them on board with the idea that it could be a defective batch and they’ll probably be more amenable to replacing them for you

• EngineerAl3x94

SOLGW will fit tightly. I use it on a proof research build. But as others say; it’ll be fine with some shooting eventually. Once you tighten the screws the TDC of the barrel and Gasblock with create a tangency and have some form of seal. It’s not an engine. It’s a bunch of gas and so long as you’re not under or overgassed you’ll be fine. If you’re under gassed and see a crazy amount of carbon around the gas block then you may have an issue but that’s very rare.

• IndependentOptimal19

I’ll never understand how downvotes work on this site.

• [deleted]

[deleted]

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 replies
Reply to: brian
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now