The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Beginner Questions

  • Beginner Questions

     Maverick updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • Maverick

    Member
    May 19, 2021 at 10:26 am

    Hello, im someone who bought their first rifle today and im very excited for it to arrive at my FFL đŸ™‚
    I was wondering if there was any good advice on items I should have such as things like cleaning, tools etc etc and any advice on things I may not know about like certain laws and such.

  • iwilltalkaboutguns

    Guest
    May 19, 2021 at 10:26 am

    Congratulations! I was just like you begining of last year right before the pandemic and it’s been quite a ride.

    Get Magazines. Good ones like pmags gen3. Sub to /r/gundeals and lurk until the 10 for $100 deals show up (and they do).

    If you are able, before you do anything else, take a class or two. I’ve learned so much and skipped a ton of bad habits from how to hold the rifle, recoil mitigation, etc. It’s worth it.

    The gun is only 10% of it, the other 90% is practicing.
    Ammo is hard to come by but it’s also doable. Go to Ammoseek and similar sites and get notifications and SMS for the calibers you need and be ready to jump in with the CC and details saved on chrome.

    Good luck and enjoy!

  • corndogg27

    Guest
    May 19, 2021 at 10:26 am

    Congratulations! This link will take you to a good site that’ll let you know everything you need to clean your firearm and maintain it. https://www.hoppes.com/ho-landing-cleaning-essentials-checklist.html
    When it comes to advice on laws that’s tough to say because they vary state to state and depending on what type of firearm you have (Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun,etc) could make a difference, best thing to do is find a community on Reddit for your hometown and ask some questions or look up your states laws! Hope that helps!

  • Barrelofmags

    Guest
    May 19, 2021 at 10:26 am

    Congratulations friend! Glad to have you.

  • bkfit

    Guest
    May 19, 2021 at 10:26 am

    Congrats.

    1. Bore snake.
    2. EWL SLIP 2000.
    3. G96 CLP Triple action.
    4. Tooth brush or scrubbing brush.
    5. Rags. Or microfiber cloths.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies
Reply to: Maverick
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now