The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Bergara BMR in .22lr. Will the skills transfer over to a .308 Win?

• Bergara BMR in .22lr. Will the skills transfer over to a .308 Win?

Posted by posiden499 on January 24, 2023 at 11:47 pm

Bergara BMR in .22lr. Will the skills transfer over to a .308 Win?

posiden499 replied 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • CASAdriver

January 24, 2023 at 11:48 pm

Yes. Most everyone here will recommend perfecting the fundamentals with a .22 before going bigger

• LastB0ySc0ut

The BMR stock feels very tiny. It also takes BMR mags, which are new and can be hard to source.

If you want a 22lr trainer, consider a 700 footprint B-14r. It’s more reasonably priced than a Vudoo or RimX, but you can run into some known issues (though both Vudoo and RimX also have their own issues).

• HollywoodSX

Here’s my standard warning on rimfire trainers:

You have to be very mindful of your recoil management fundamentals. The lack of recoil on a 22 will let you get lazy and sloppy without realizing it, and it will come back to bite you when you start spending more time on a centerfire.

• Otiswilmouth

B14r or CZ457, can’t go wrong with either.

But yes, a .22 will directly help your fundamentals with a center fire.

• rafri

Wasn’t this already asked within the last hour?

Edit: disregard two post in about six minutes on the same subject.

• DisastrousFerret0

Yes and no. Is my opinion. Yes it will help you in shooting off barricades and building better positions. It also really helped me with getting on target quicker. What it can hurt you at is recoil management cause you find yourself shooting from positions that would be terrible with a 308 because you dont have to really worry about what it’s gonna do when you pull the trigger