The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Fishing Ice Fishing Clam x600, Otter Vortex Resort, or Eskimo 650XD

• Clam x600, Otter Vortex Resort, or Eskimo 650XD

Posted by nick on November 10, 2021 at 7:35 am

Hi friends,

I’m looking for recommendations for hub shelters in the 90-100 sq. ft. range. If anyone has experience with these please share your wisdom!

My set up is a tow behind sled and wheeler. I strap my current hub on the back rack which works really well, just need something bigger. A flip over would be awesome but I just don’t have the room in the bed with the wheeler there.

Thanks!

​

Edit: Thanks everyone for your input. It’s good to hear actual user input instead of reading website descriptions. Hopefully everyone has a great upcoming season!

nick replied 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • dbergman23

November 10, 2021 at 7:35 am

I have an Otter vortex monster lodge. I got the big one because i have 4 kids and it allows two oversized cots to sit along one side and make a comfortable playzone for the kids. I even slept in it over night last year, and man was it comfortable. If you need that much room, i would highly suggest it.

Honestly its too big. Like If its just me and my oldest, i dont even want to set it up because i want to move around more.

You dont mention why you want that much room. Are you traveling with a large group, or have a youtube channel that you need the extra distance for proper recording?

• RockyFromCollections

I don’t have experience but I was looking to grab a new hub and between resort or the 650xd and decided I’ll be picking up the 650xd because of the door.

I have a Eskimo 949 and it’s great but once you have more buddy’s it gets a little tight.

My friend has the new vortex resort and it’s pretty nice.

• enuff4u

I have the x600 and love it. Easy set up and tear down. Insulated. Big enough for 4 during day trips and have set a cot up and stayed overnight alone. Not palatial but not too big to manage

• ohspit

I have the 650xd and love it. i put down interlocking foam pads on the floor and walk around in my slippers.

No trip door is amazing tons of windows and wall storage slept in it in -10 with 30+ mph winds. We had 2 cots a table a heater tons of gear everywhere Now I wasn’t toasty warm but it was about 50-60 degrees inside and I suspect that to be because of the small buddy I was using at the time.

Will definitely do it Again maybe not on such a cold day tho

Reply to: nick
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now