The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms I reached out to all four of my state’s legislators about HR8399. So far I’ve received one response.

• I reached out to all four of my state’s legislators about HR8399. So far I’ve received one response.

Posted by Margaret on September 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

I followed another progun redditor’s example and reached out to my legislative representatives earlier this week. Besides the automated canned emails, I received one response back so far. Likely written by a staffer using pre-canned templates, I still think that if enough people reach out to their reps, we can make our point clear. Here was Sen Jim Risch’s reponse:

Dear \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).  I appreciate hearing from you.

I share your concern about any federal agency overreaching in their authority and creating unnecessary burdens on Americans.  Like our Founding Fathers, I oppose any abridgement of the right to keep and bear arms.  And like many Idahoans, I enjoy exercising my Second Amendment rights–I hunt and participate in sport shooting.

I have been actively engaged in opposing unconstitutional regulatory actions from the ATF.  For example, I signed a letter in opposition to the ATF’s Proposed Rule 2021R-08, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces.'”  If finalized, this rule would change the definition of a rifle to include firearms with stabilizing braces, therefore making them subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act.  This would negatively affect many citizens, especially our nation’s disabled veterans, for whom stabilizing braces were first created.

Gun control legislation and regulations are based on the faulty premise that guns cause crime. Gun control laws result in only criminals owning guns, which can increase the crime rate.  I assure you I will be vigilant in my review of any legislation, treaty, or regulation to ensure gun rights are protected.

Again, I value your effort to get in touch with me to share your thoughts, as many Idahoans do.  Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on this or other issues.

Very Truly Yours,

James E. Risch
    United State Senator

Margaret replied 2 days, 10 hours ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • AxG88

September 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

He gets it! May he stay in office, and keep on fighting our rights.

• BeaverPup

September 23, 2022 at 5:33 pm

Go Idaho!

Reply to: Margaret
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now