The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Light recommendations for P365 XL

• Light recommendations for P365 XL

Posted by Logan on May 15, 2021 at 5:36 am

Howdy my favorite sub. I finally got my hands on a P365 XL after not being able to find one with a safety in stock. But this is my first handgun with a rail in front of the trigger guard, so I’ve never had to look for a light before. What sort of things should I be looking for when shopping around? Pros/cons? Do any other P365 owners have ones they’d recommend to others? I appreciate any and all replies!

Logan replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • B1RDS-ARENT-REAL

May 15, 2021 at 5:36 am

Sig sells the Foxtrot. It’s not popular because it’s 100 lumens and grip actuated. Looks nice though.

Surefire recently came out with the XSC. 350 lumens but uses a weird proprietary battery system. Has certain advantages I guess, but there’s a reason Surefire doesn’t do that in any of their other WML’s.

Streamlight makes the best options. Up until recently, the TLR6 was the most popular light for the P365 series because it has a laser and side activation. But it’s still only 100 lumens, it’s fugly, and lasers are stupid.

Fortunately though, Streamlight has come out with the TLR7 sub with 500 lumens, it’s not fugly, and it doesn’t have a stupid laser.

If you don’t like any of those, you can also get rail adapters from Tactical Development or Recover Tactical that turn the proprietary rail of the P365 series into a picatinny rail. Now that the TLR7 sub is out though, there’s really no point in this. Unless you want an even more powerful light. At that point, the light will be significantly wider and at least an inch longer than the end of the slide. Defeats the purpose of a microcompact gun.

TLDR, TLR7 sub is hands down best option.

• FranzFerdinandLol

You can get a TLR7a on a rail adapter or TLR7 Sub for it when the sub comes out.

• josh_azreloader

Here’s mine with a rail from tactical.dev and a TLR 7a

View post on imgur.com

I had a Black Rhino Concealment holster custom made for it. They have all the parts to do the mold.

Reply to: Logan
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now