The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Looking for a can… what are the best options? 300 BO

• Looking for a can… what are the best options? 300 BO

Maverick updated 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 24 Posts
  • Maverick

June 11, 2021 at 10:42 pm

Looking for a can… what are the best options? 300 BO

• guncorn

‘What’s the best can?’ is a question that’s been asked hundreds of times and the answer depends on what you’re looking for in a can.

• AUrugby

Make sure you’re careful removing that AAC flash hider, they’re worth some money

• DerWichode

YHM Resonator R2 makes a great first can. Affordable and effective.

• explosive_hazard

Check out https://pewscience.com a lot of objective data collected on many different silencers. Jay has tested a few for 300 BO subsonic specifically and so far the Sig SRD has performed the best in that caliber and configuration. Running super sonic a different silencer may be better than Sig SRD with 300 BO. So it really depends on what you want to do with your rifle setup.

• sotexbandit

Best depends on your priorities; size, sound reduction, weight, mount, durability, etc. Some of the quietest options are CGS Hyperion, Q Full Nelson/TC, DA Nomad L and SF 300SPS.

• Gun_Fever

I like my YHM ULT. Titanium cans are light and perfect for low fire rate applications.

• FrankFrmTx

I’m not the most versed, but I do pay attention, I would personally be looking at a CGS Helios/Hyperion, Surefire 300 SPS, or for more budget friendly a YHM Resonator/Res K.

• somersp91

Dead Air Sandman……yeah sure fire is tits but you can never find them.

• 36O_NoScope

Dead Air Wolfman. Good for subs and supers and stupid quiet.

• ramrod1212

Sandman

• bawbzburgerz

1.75” can for sure. Night and day difference between my Thunder chicken and sandman s for obvious reasons. Thunder chicken is long and wider but lighter by a few ounces when you include the weight of the mounts. It’s just pleasant to shoot with the TC

• bobcatfanjb

Surefire 300 sps, Dead Air Nomad Series, CGS, Yankee Hill Resonator and Res K

• GunMun-ee

For your first can, get a Form 1 can done. Do some research into different setups and what you are looking for in a can. Modern solvent traps can and will perform just as well as most commercial cans if you buy quality baffles and do some good drilling. The freeze plug kits you can buy for 80 bucks will never be any good, but there are many form 1 companies that reverse engineer cones from commercial suppressor cutaways. My Quell tech kit with a deadair keymo mount puts me a few decibels quieter than a sandman L while being 7.5 inches. Although you don’t really save any money because my setup was about 700-800 ish, just skipping the wait times is worth it to me.

• Buster-Hymin

If you can operate a drill press, Dremel and a micrometer, look into building your own form 1 can. 30ish day approval if you don’t create a new model name and the parts availability and quality is comparable to form 4 cans.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 24 replies
Reply to: Maverick
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now