So, I’ve only recently started learning about firearms and have gotten my whole family involved. It has been an awesome experience so far and the helpfulness of the regulars at my range is top notch.
I’m enjoying myself enough that I’m researching my first purchase and I wonder if everyone would mind tossing their recommendations.
A few weeks ago, I started looking at the Mossberg MC1sc because I loved the look and everything that I was reading about it. However, I’m a big guy and when I finally got one in my hand (still haven’t shot one), I was worried about it being kinda small.
* My ideal price range to start is between $300-$400.
* I think my hands may be too big for a subcompact but a full size might be too much to carry?
* I do have a short term goal of obtaining a CPL so this would probably be carry AND home defense.
What I’ve tried already…
* Ruger Security-9 – Really liked this one but had a couple misfires today on the range and it made me worried about the quality
* CZ-P10 – Kind of on the fence, not my favorite, not the worst
* Glock 48 – Love the feel, hate the trigger and is the handle hollow plastic??! Is that ok?!
* Ruger American – Not as good as the Security-9 in my hands, too big to carry?
* Springfield Hellcat – Fat fingers got stuck on the trigger, something felt weird