The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Looking for my first CCW gun. I’m thin-framed, and have been looking at either the 365xl or the hellcat pro? Which would you choose, or otherwise recommend? Thanks!

• Looking for my first CCW gun. I’m thin-framed, and have been looking at either the 365xl or the hellcat pro? Which would you choose, or otherwise recommend? Thanks!

Posted by Jessica on August 6, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Title really says it all, 365xl or hellcat pro?

What else would you recommend in the sub $750 range?

Thank you for your advice!

Jessica replied 1 week, 3 days ago 2 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Pissed_Off_Cannoli

August 6, 2022 at 4:57 pm

My recommendation is going to range where you can rent pistols and try firing a few, see which you enjoy best. Comfort isn’t everything, but you typically shoot better with guns you’re comfortable with. My list of recommendations, in order of my preference, is as follows:

Sig 365XL

Glock 43X

Glock 48

Springfield Hellcat

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Subcompact

Ruger Max 9

• Sethalator

Xl dude, it’s fantastic

• ProperAd3683

Love the hellcat.

• HumidNut

Did the same thing, handled both, ended up liking the 365 for different reasons.

I thought he Hellcat had a nicer trigger by a smidge, but I could use the sights on the 365 a bit better. Obviously, if you are going optic, that is not a concern.

Both pistols are really good, and neither choice should disappoint.

Handle them both, see what you like, see what you don’t like and make your choice. Both are, IMO excellent choices.

• PhantomBladeX89

• alid0n

I carry 365xl. I love it, Im 5’8 150 lbs and it conceals perfectly for me. Its a great gun. Ive put probably almost 1000 rounds in it so far, never had any issues yet

• Riker557118

Having shot them both, the Sig because I like the texture on the grip and it’s trigger better. They’re really that similar, try them both out.

Also the 43x with shield arm mags is pretty dope too.

• vegangunstuff

I find the xl less snappy than the hellcat. I carry the xl.

• OlyPenAaron

I haven’t seen this mentioned, so sorry if it was and I missed it: You may want to look in to the difference btw a hammer-fired gun and a striker-fired one as you decide. I own both types and ultimately they both go bang when you press the trigger. I like the way a striker gun feels the same in terms of pull each shot. No issues there. I also like the way I can carry a round in the pipe with my SA/DA guns de-cocked – different feel for the first shot vs. 2nd/successive shots. Not trying to confuse the issue or get into a philosophical debate. 🙂

Sorry – meant to add my neighbor has a 365XL and it is a fantastic gun. Flat shooter and little felt recoil to me.

• ProgressBackground21

Have fallen in love with my 365xl as edc. Planning on expanding the sig family soon.

• ForkSporkBjork

I personally have a 365 XL and like it a lot, but I can’t say how it compares to a hellcat. 6’4” 27 BMI, it prints a little with my N8 Tactical holster, but not too badly.

• CucumberFly-

I would really consider smaller guns. You will find larger guns are a huge pain in the ass to carry concealed.

Reply to: Jessica
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now