The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Looking into a Boyd’s stock to replace the magpul stock that came with my Remington 700. I wanted to know if any of you had experience with these stocks and which one you would recommend?

• Looking into a Boyd’s stock to replace the magpul stock that came with my Remington 700. I wanted to know if any of you had experience with these stocks and which one you would recommend?

Neville updated 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 8 Posts
  • Neville

June 13, 2021 at 7:12 am

Looking into a Boyd’s stock to replace the magpul stock that came with my Remington 700. I wanted to know if any of you had experience with these stocks and which one you would recommend?

• tkr614

IMO the boyds is kind of a downgrade from the magpul. It definitely would need bedded if you went that route.

• lswins

If you want a nice wood stock/chassis check out the woox line.

• CiciliaCNY

The Featherlite isn’t pillared or bedded so you’ll have to deal with that yourself. The bedding kit isn’t a ton of money (under $100) but the pillaring jig is about $200 for a decent one. Gunsmiths charge about $200 to pillar and and bed for you. Sadly the Boyd’s wood furniture doesn’t have the aluminum block like Magpul does.

• Trollygag

I have put a R700 into a Boyds thumbhole varmint stock. Forend was stiff, recoil pad was nice, it didn’t need bedding (though I did anyways because I could and had the supplies to pillar and skim bed), and the ergos were good. For a bipod host and bench gun, the stock was great.

• Key-Rub118

I have a R700 in their traditional style stock, i never bedded mine and it shoots lights out. Maybe it was just the stock that i received but it fit like a glove, very solid and ridgid, for the price i don’t think you can beat them. I’m looking at one of their At One stocks for my Savage 110. Woox also makes a really nice stock if you are willing to put up a bit more money.

• ablnx

My brother got a couple and had to bed both of them, but once that was done they shot well.

• bernhardt1997

I have a keg bravo chassis idk if that’s the style your going for but it’s nice.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 replies
Reply to: Neville
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now