The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Magazine question for 280 Ackley compatibility…

• Magazine question for 280 Ackley compatibility…

Posted by hello_three23 on November 24, 2022 at 12:17 pm

Howdy gents,

I finished a 280 Ackley build and am going to run AICS pattern box magazines.

Question 1. Do any Ackley guys out there have a preference on which box mags feed the 40 degree shoulder of the ackley case the best?

And question 2. Since I am new and I hate buying the wrong thing by mistake, am I looking for the same AICS LA magazine as is for .30-06/270 WIN? Those are pulling up results for me on Midway but not finding anything for 280AI and I want to buy the right magazine.

Thanks fellas.

hello_three23 replied 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • microphohn

November 24, 2022 at 12:17 pm

Everything 30-06 based will take the same mags. Feeding will vary a bit though, and as you indicate the 40 degree shoulder can complicate it a bit.

That said, the 280ai doesn’t have a very prominent shoulder, so the effect of shoulder angle isn’t very significant. It’ll feed about like a 280/270/6.5-06/25-06.

I’d start with the Accurate Mag metal mags. Yes it’s expensive, but even PMAGs aren’t cheap in AICS land and there’s no such thing as cheap LA mags.