The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Shotguns Magpul furniture finally came in for my 590A1 looking for recommendations on a good side saddle and a good option for a light mount

• Magpul furniture finally came in for my 590A1 looking for recommendations on a good side saddle and a good option for a light mount

Nicolina updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 18 Posts
  • Nicolina

May 15, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Magpul furniture finally came in for my 590A1 looking for recommendations on a good side saddle and a good option for a light mount

• Doc-the-Bull

May 15, 2021 at 7:17 pm

I would suggest going with Velcro detachable side saddle. Rigid or elastic. They have the advantage of being easy to swap out types of shells, are less bulky as you can remove them for storage, and don’t require you to put a steel pin or screw through your aluminum receiver which will eventually wears on the pin holes over time. The Esstac Shotgun card from http://www.SKDtac.com is the one I use and recommend but you can find many similar items online. As fast as the setup, there are way too many options so I’d just browse Pinterest or the forums for an idea to steal. Lol Nice boom stick BTW, I love my 590A1s.

• MrRecon

+1 on esstac velcro cards

For light mounts have a couple options:

You can use mlok directly with either arisaka inline scout or the low-pro frank proctor mlok mount; alternatively you can use an mlok picatinny rail instead, going to depend on which light you decide on.

• SLAMpigACTUAL

Velcro shotgun cards.

• SirFapsAlot556

Airidus Industries makes a great detachable saddle. You can easily fit the extra holders in a 5.56 mag pouch.

Mossberg 500/590 Q-DC

• Wolfir

I don’t have Magpul furniture or any sort of side saddle on my 870

But I have his leather cheek-riser on the butt that also holds six shells

I’d love to discuss the merits of side-saddle shells vs butt-holder-shells

• V1zzay

I have a MESA tactical side saddle on my mossberg. Worth every penny!

• RegularEality

• Drinktothat421

Or if you want a super sick side saddle check these out. Also there CROm mounts are auper sick. Im usinf the rmr mount on my 870 with a holosun.

Home

• GodBlessBabyBee

IMO the Velcro never holds up well, either the adhesive or the Velcro itself. Tac star has a solid side saddle that won’t break the bank.

• Nathanish

Aye where’s that buttstock pad from, that’s not the stock one that comes with the SGA?

• yayrandomchars

I just put a 3 slot MLOK picatinny on mine at the foreend and then attached an Inforce WML. I just found it ergonomically to be the best one on a pump. 🙂

• JoseSaldana6512

Surefire or Streamlight forend light. On a pump shotgun everything else is a shoddy setup.

• Kskskskksks8888

Beautiful. Also very good looking floor!

• fapimpe

I’ve had the esstac velcro cards for years and love them, turns out I may need to buy new cards though because when I was shooting this week the shells work their way down and out of the holders. They’re not loose but I think the elastic is just old enough that they’re falling out around my feet after maybe 20 shots

Viewing 1 - 15 of 18 replies
Reply to: Nicolina
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now