The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Shotguns Mossberg 500 Makeover. I have a second vent-rib barrel that might get a Nancy-Wheeler-inspired barrel chop. (I’d get a tax stamp, of course, unlike Nancy) Do any of you have an SBS? Is it worth it?

• Mossberg 500 Makeover. I have a second vent-rib barrel that might get a Nancy-Wheeler-inspired barrel chop. (I’d get a tax stamp, of course, unlike Nancy) Do any of you have an SBS? Is it worth it?

Posted by sesame_bagels on August 6, 2022 at 12:43 pm

Mossberg 500 Makeover. I have a second vent-rib barrel that might get a Nancy-Wheeler-inspired barrel chop. (I’d get a tax stamp, of course, unlike Nancy) Do any of you have an SBS? Is it worth it?

sesame_bagels replied 1 week, 5 days ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • EggFooYungAndRice

August 6, 2022 at 12:43 pm

If it’s worth the USD200 and the paperwork nuisance to you, then it’s worth it. But unless you know what you’re doing, get a pro to cut and recrown the barrel for you (after you do your Form 1 and get your stamp) and don’t just hacksaw it.

• FivePops

Why not just buy a 18” barrel and sell the other one?

• User_225846

A legal barrel is only about 3″ longer than the mag tube. Is that 3″ worth $200?

But yes it would look cool cut flush with the mag tube.

• nshhHhhxdj

A what?!?… 🤮 oh dear

Side note: Remember when the Demo saved Steve from getting shot in the face by Nance?

Reply to: sesame_bagels
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now