The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Moving to NFA Legal State

  • Moving to NFA Legal State

    Posted by drunk_macaroni on August 6, 2022 at 7:28 am

    First of all, the fact that we even have to ask the government for permission for ‘NFA’ items is already infringement. Worse yet, is living in a state that won’t let you have them at all. That being said, I’m finally moving out of this hell hole to another state soon, and I want to know how soon I can apply for my stamps and what I need in order to do so? Just as soon as I can get a Drivers License for the new state with a correct address? Also seeing as I’ve waited years for this, and would like to buy multiple cans, is my best bet to buy a lot in the form of trust? Any help appreciated!

    drunk_macaroni replied 1 week, 5 days ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • 957746

    August 6, 2022 at 7:28 am

    Get a new state address, get new state id, get a bunch of finger print cards done at once, get twice as many passport photos as you had fingerprint cards, find an class 3 ffl near your new address (hopefully), create trust (optional) (I did trust, took 409 days first can, batched approval), shop for cans either at ffl or online, online class 3 transfers will cost you an extra 100 per can to your ffl (my experience), have your ffl eform 4. Wait. Try to forget. Wait some more. Hope you don’t get denied after waiting. GL.

  • digital_footprint

    August 6, 2022 at 7:28 am

    It depends on what NFA items you want to get and how you want to get them. If you’re making an item (such as turning a pistol into a SBR) then you just need to complete the form 1 steps. If you want to buy a pre-made NFA item then you need to actually purchase the item before you can apply for the stamp on a form 4.

    As far as residency the ATF defines it as “a person is a resident of a state in which he or she is present with the intention of making a home in that state.” Though it makes it easier if you already have your DL.

    I recommend a trust from national gun trusts 100%

  • AutoModerator

    August 6, 2022 at 7:28 am

    **Understand the rules**

    Check the sidebar. It’s full of resources to help you.

    Not everyone is an expert such as yourself; be considerate.

    No Spam. No Memes.

    No political posts. Save that for /r/progun or /r/politics.

    * [NFA Tracker Submission Page](
    * [NFA Tracker Stats Page](
    * [How To Fill out Form 1 E-File](
    * [How To Fill out FD-258 Fingerprint Cards](
    * [Collection of ATF letters](


    *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/NFA) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Reply to: drunk_macaroni
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018