home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms My 1935 J.P. Sauer Kar98k “Standardmodell”

• My 1935 J.P. Sauer Kar98k “Standardmodell”

Logan updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Logan

June 13, 2021 at 5:13 pm

My 1935 J.P. Sauer Kar98k “Standardmodell”

• Goldeagle1123

The latest addition to my growing collection of 19th/20th century military arms, an early *Karabiner 98k “Standardmodell”*, it’s factory code of “S/147/G” indicates that it was manufactured in 1935 by the J. P. Sauer company, making it one of the earliest Kar98ks formally manufactured for, and accepted by the German military. Being such an early rifle, it actually predates the formation of the Wehrmacht and as such has Reichswehr waffenamt acceptance stamps on the receiver, which I have included photos of in the Imgur album I’ve linked. Rifle has all of the hallmarks marks of the early *Standardmodell*, very nice finely milled “H” shaped nose cap, trigger guard, and disassembly disc, lack of a front fight hood or cupped buttplate, etc.

Overall the rifle is in excellent condition, with it’s original finish still in great condition and no refurb work having been done on it. Took it out yesterday and shot and extremely tight group with it, so I’m very happy with this rifle overall.

[Link to Imgur album with more photos for anyone interested.](https://imgur.com/a/lIZieLP)

View post on imgur.com

• Ford4200

I have a 1939 J.P. Sauer it’s one of my favorite rifles. Gave $150 for it around 2007.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies
Reply to: Logan
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now