The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Hunting Not a monster, but I go my first deer this season. 150 yards with a 7mm mag.

• Not a monster, but I go my first deer this season. 150 yards with a 7mm mag.

Trent updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 43 Posts
  • Trent

June 11, 2021 at 6:35 pm

Not a monster, but I go my first deer this season. 150 yards with a 7mm mag.

• ClayRobert

You can’t eat the antlers anyways, doesn’t matter how big the rack is. Any first deer, especially a buck is a trophy. Congratulations!

• saulsa_

Don’t downplay it, it’s your first deer. You can call it your personal best!!

• larrygreen420

I think people get wrapped up in the deer’s rack. I have had the pleasure of many bucks this size. It’s all about the hunt and the gratification of putting food on the table. Congrats! Love seeing females get into the sport!

• 77satans

Way to go! 7mm gets the job done for sure!

• srteblue

Thought process on this post:

“Awesome, a black, female hunter! I wonder if she has more pictures from her hunts..”

*clicks on profile*

“Oh snap”

Thanks for sharing, OP

• cIi-_-ib

Congrats! I don’t see the wound it the photo – did 7mm not leave an exit wound?

• YourLocalDeerHunter

Any 1st deer is a monster. It doesnt matter how big the horns actually are as long as you had a good time hunting

• FishSn0rt

Hell yeah girl GOOD JOB! Love seeing other women hunters and anglers! 😁🤗 You’re gunna be addicted now, especially after you taste those backstraps! Beautiful deer keep it up

• G19outdoors

Bigger than the one I got. Awesome job

• SpanningTreeProtocol

Wow! I’m so proud of you and don’t even know you! I look like you and hunt too. Enjoy your venison and spend a little coin, on me!

• BlackSheep3108

Most folks I know don’t ask “how many points” when someone talks about shooting their first deer… it’s almost always “what’d you shoot it with” and 7 Rem Mag is always a good answer 😂

• trapper_bub

They’re all trophies.

The buck I’m most proud of was actually a barely legal buck.

3″ of spike on one side with a broken nub on the other.

But I hunted dawn to dusk every day of that season no matter the weather (it was 8 days of straight blizzard) and that barely legal buck was the first and only animal I saw. He came in within in the last 10 to 15 minutes of shooting hours.

I made a clean kill (also with a 7mm mag actually) and I put meat in my freezer that fed my family.

Those antlers are now mounted on a fine plaque and are the center piece of my wall.

The largest “rack” is actually one of my least proud (but still succesful) hunting experiances.

I found him half way through opening day. I made a clean kill.

But upon inspection I found that he had already had a hind leg completely shot off that morning.

I put him out of misery and still kept the meat out of the belly of wolves though which is still something to be proud of.

So he is the biggest rack trophy I have but, I’d he is of to the side.

You cant eat the antlers. But you should always take pride in your story.

• Balow08

Nice shot!

• danielkkern

Nice work!!!@

Viewing 1 - 15 of 43 replies
Reply to: Trent
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018