The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Recommend Pistol: 3000$ budget, double-stacked .45 or 10mm

• Recommend Pistol: 3000$ budget, double-stacked .45 or 10mm

Jessica updated 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 13 Posts
  • Jessica

June 13, 2021 at 4:15 pm

I was looking at picking up a staccato but I have read a lot of people poo-pooing upon their offerings.

I love the 1911 look and feel. I would like to have something maybe a nudge under full sized. something i could theoretically conceal for several hours if needed, though i guess there’s always shoulder-carry. I am also a rather large person and i don’t want any micro-subcompacts either.

I don’t care if it’s bling or not. I would prefer something double stacked either a 10mm auto or a .45acp, though, i would be open to 9mm para, as well.

i do want something i can mount an optic on.

Used is okay. As long as the weapon is serviceable, of course.

My budget is about 3,300$ though i could tighten the belt a bit and maybe spend in the 4000$ range.

Thanks in advance.

• pickled–onion

Who says anything bad about Stacatto?! Their pistols are absolutely world class.

I have an Wilson Combat EDC X9 and absolutely love it.

• Penny4TheGuy

Sig P220 Hunter in 10mm.

• danngree

H&K MK23

• gdmfsobtc

Dan Wesson Kodiak – without a doubt one of my best long slide 10mm.

Bump it up a bit and go for Wilson Combat Hunter in 10mm or 460 Rowland.

• Yestattooshurt

It sounds like what you want is a Dan Wesson Titan double stack 10mm, discontinued in 2019 but there are some probably kicking around

Edit: also the P227 comes in an RX model, I know it’s not a 1911 but it’s a sig and comes with optics from the factory. Should count for something 🤷‍♂️

• PNW_AJ

Triarc

• NashvillesITGuy

My Staccato P Duo/RMR has been solid. Only issue I’ve had is a trip to the factory because I was slamming home mags with short baseplates and knocked the ejector loose.
    My daily carry is a C2 Duo. The finish on the rail is nicked, but a non issue. The holster I use (Tenicor) states they will rub the finish, but I haven’t had that issue.
    Mags can still be a bit finicky, but plus power springs from Altas seems to have that resolved.
    If you want a primarily carry piece, Staccato C2 DPO.
    If you want more duty/range/competition Staccato P Duo.

• AutoModerator

Post author: Sgt_Sodomy. This comment is an attempt to control posts made by a new type of spam bot. If you are a human, you can ignore it.

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/guns) if you have any questions or concerns.*

• theoriginalharbinger

> I want something I can mount an optic on

Not gonna lie, this looks kinda gross on a 1911. That said, if you have $3000 to spend, hit up Caspian Arms, buy a slide and frame, then get your favorite parts from Fusion, Wilson Combat, or Ed Baer and have your pistolsmith of choice put it together.

• DontTakeMyNoise

You could get like a Steyer GB and have 20 rounds of 9mm on tap

• Wraccores

RIA 2011 in 10mm

• TheCovertZombie

Unless your worried about large game like bears go 9mm. Modern defense rounds expand very well. 45 isn’t as great as it used to be. I’d rather have the capacity and softer recoil. You can’t go wrong with staccato. I handle them all the time as my neighbor is a dealer. The C2 Duo is awesome. I’d kill for an XC. If you need their info lMK, they have them in stock and ship.

Viewing 1 - 13 of 13 replies
Reply to: Jessica
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now