The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum News Combat and War Footage Reporter Rami Rayan records the moment Israel shells the marketplace of Shijaiyah neighborhood of Gaza. 30 July, 2014.

• Reporter Rami Rayan records the moment Israel shells the marketplace of Shijaiyah neighborhood of Gaza. 30 July, 2014.

jrthe3 updated 1 year ago 2 Members · 22 Posts
  • jrthe3

May 17, 2021 at 11:00 pm

[embed]https://reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/n2sql5/reporter_rami_rayan_records_the_moment_israel/[/embed]

Reporter Rami Rayan records the moment Israel shells the marketplace of Shijaiyah neighborhood of Gaza. 30 July, 2014.

• CookiesByChoice

May 17, 2021 at 11:01 pm

Rami Rayan dies. His assistant continued to film. 16 others are killed and 160 people are injured.

[Source on this incident](https://cpj.org/data/people/rami-rayan/)

> An internal IDF committee led by investigators who had not been part of the chain of command during the incident found that the “tragic” civilian deaths on July 30 were the result of “a number of coincidences and series of events that a military commander should not be expected to predict,” according to a statement published in March 2015.
    >
    > The committee said that IDF forces fired mortar shells in response to enemy fire, not realizing that a previous round of IDF mortar fire had struck a civilian building and led to civilians, including journalists, to gather in the area despite previous orders to evacuate.
    >
    > The committee said that aerial surveillance was unavailable at the time but previous surveillance had not spotted civilians and that mortar shells were chosen in lieu of more powerful artillery shells to minimize collateral damage. The committee also said it could not rule out the possibility that some of the casualties that day resulted from Palestinian fire.

• IonOtter

You hear that noise in the background? The high-pitched whine?

That is the [Israel Aerospace Industries *Heron* (Machatz-1)](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_Heron), a medium-altitude, long-endurance surveillance drone.

Once the sirens go silent, and the screaming lessens, you see the reporter aim his camera up at the sky at around 25 seconds, and you can hear the drone at around 34 seconds. At 1:54, you can actually hear *two* drones.

So not only did the Israelis know they were hitting ambulances, they were watching it happen.

On live video feed.

And kept shelling.

• Neon4Ever

People who support Israel are just dishonest.

There is no way you can’t be aware of how evil the Israeli Army and Government is.

• bananarepublic2021_

This looks illegal and very sad… I’m new to this sub so it’s very shocking some of the things I’ve seen on here really make me sick what we’re capable of doing to one another.

• whywillitnot

As a kid I always liked Israel, thought they were doing the right thing, now I know better.

• WoxiiPlz

Turkey, Iran, Iraq or any muslim country does something:

UN: OMG DICTATOR, NO DEMOCRACY, NO FREEDOM, meddles with politics and sanctions the country and threatens the country.

Israel bombs, shoots, injures, kills innocent civilians. Shoots unarmed kids, occupies land, militarize Palestinian area harassing Palestinians:

UN: That’s illegal and should never happen again.

Israel does it again and again and again:

UN: That’s illegal and should be stopped.

UN countries backing Israel with money and other shit:

UN: … it’s illegal…

• Gypsyjunior_69r

I was under the impression the IDF dropped leaflets warning civilians to clear out before levelling certain buildings/neighbourhoods during the 2014 war?

• [deleted]

This is ok but Hamas launching a pipe rocket into an empty field in Israel is “terrorism”.

If Israel can level a neighbourhood over that i wonder what Hamas would be justified in doing if people had not been hypocrites

• [deleted]

[removed]

• SmellyDwigt

I wonder how the shills are gonna explain this one.

• Jepdog

The JIDF are really coming out of the woodworks to try and justify this

• Mad_Makz

The sounds of drones in the background is eerie as fuck

• someone_sonewhere

War is hell

• [deleted]

[removed]