The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Tisas 1911 mag problems?

• Tisas 1911 mag problems?

Posted by Jessica on January 25, 2023 at 9:48 pm

Picked up my Tisas 1911A1 service special from one of the after Christmas sales. In preparation I ordered 6 or 7 KCI 7 rounders. Cheap mags, I know, but KCIs have been awesome range mags in every gun I’ve used them in.

In the Tisas, though, they get stuck on the mag catch and cannot be inserted without pressing in the release button. Called Tisas and they said not our problem if the OEM mags work. Anyone else have difficulties with aftermarket mags in these?

Jessica replied 1 week, 5 days ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • jrsedwick

January 25, 2023 at 9:49 pm

1911s and cheap mags don’t mix.

• ARMAGELADON

Buy MecGar, Wilson combat, Chip McCormic, etc

• usa2a

I have some KCI 1911 mags. I filled one of mine with lead and I use it to add weight to the gun when dry firing. I haven’t found a use for the others yet.

It says a lot that even these $350 1911s are shipping with Mec-Gar mags and not bottom shelf ProMag, Triple K, or KCI. Clearly the company considers it worthwhile to spend the extra on bundling good magazines to get a good reputation for reliability and not have to deal with support headaches all day long.

• AutoModerator

Post author: /u/Blumpus1234. This comment is an attempt to control posts made by a new type of spam bot. If you are a human, you can ignore it.

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/guns) if you have any questions or concerns.*

• jakesdad21

That sucks. My Tisas came with two MecGar mags I haven’t gotten any additional ones

• generic-username45

Cheap mags and 1911s are a gamble. Some will run fine others won’t and it’s a full mixed bag on what will work with what gun.

• blindloomis

My Tisas is flawless with wilson mags. It’s a perpetual shooting machine.

• loki993

The 1911 is a whole different ballgame with mags apparently, places that makes mags that work fine in other guns can just as easily have crap 1911 mags for some reason.

Wilson 47Ds are the standard, they aren’t cheap, but if it doesn’t run with those its not a mag problem.

My Dan Wesson came with checkmates and they work great in that, but its also a Dan Wesson.