The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Want advice: should I buy a used CZ 550 American in .308 with a Vortex Strikefire II for $750?

• Want advice: should I buy a used CZ 550 American in .308 with a Vortex Strikefire II for $750?

Posted by Jessica on April 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Howdy. A local gunshop has a beautiful, but used, CZ 550 American with a Strikefire II for $750 and I’m considering it. The gun’s purpose will be longer range shooting with occasional usage for hunting of deer. I have other guns purposed for dragging around in my woods in case I need to protect my family, so I’m not worried about the durability of wood for this tool.

What do you think? Good pick up or should I go with something else?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-550-american-safari-magnum-375-hh-5-rd-fixed-mag/

Jessica replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • PainKillaX

April 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Seems like an okay deal. Front page of the google has some listed just over $700 new, but out of stock. You can probably get between $100 and $150 for the Vortex quick and easy.

If it’s in good condition and has a low round count you’re in a position to save a bit of money.

• Rossrifle

April 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm

CZ 550 awesome gun, but CZ just stopped production of it last year I believe. So that may be something to consider long term. Price wise doesn’t sound like a bad deal.

Reply to: Jessica
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now