The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Shotguns What is a side saddle do you recommend for the Remington 870?

• What is a side saddle do you recommend for the Remington 870?

Nicolina updated 11 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 9 Posts
  • Nicolina

June 12, 2021 at 7:06 am

What is a side saddle do you recommend for the Remington 870?

• Panzerschwein45

A Velcro side saddle stuck right to the side of the receiver. If not, the Vang Comp side saddle is velcro based but uses an aluminum plate and mounting screws so you don’t have to stick it directly on your receiver.

• Mrbroadsideofabarn

I use the Velcro card style

I like it as the cards are cheap and they just rip off when empty and slap a new card on.

• mrdettorre87

I’m piggybacking to see what info you get because I want one for my 870 as well.

• Suavecito4730

Esstac

• MiseryLovesShotguns

I prefer to keep my extra ammunition on the stock because I think it balances better and it’s easier to grab that way. I make my own shell cards out of heavy 1″ elastic and 2″ scuba nylon backing but I base the design on a combination of SOE and Esstac. The problem with Esstac is that the last cards I had were either counterfeits or they’re using thinner elastic for the loops now. If you want something on the receiver, Aridus Industries makes an aluminum detachable carrier that’s pretty cool, Mesa Tactical is overpriced and their carriers are too tight and hard to use (I’ve had four of them over the years), the 7 round Archangel carrier has adjustments for tension on individual loops which is a nice feature if you want to make them slightly easier to pull for brass up or tighter for brass down orientation. There are a lot of options depending on your budget and your taste but I would get some velcro and a couple SOE shotshell cards. Try it on the stock! https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/velcro-backed-12ga-shotgun-card?variant=254194209

• badbear18point6

The S&J hardware shotgun pouches are awesome and a great value. You get the pouch, 3 shotgun cards and the adhesive velcro. I bought some Gucci ones from perroz and waited 6 months and the quality was no better or worse.

• MiseryLovesShotguns

As much as I hate to say anything by Ncstar is good, I actually really like this carrier. It never drops shells and it attaches with velcro. https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-A12SH4-Universal-12ga-Shots/dp/B008HOHOKA

• ShotgunEd1897

Tac Star sidesaddles are good.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 replies
Reply to: Nicolina
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now