The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Fishing Kayak Fishing what kind of mods/equipment would you guys put on this kayak? It’s a Lifetime Tahoma 100

• what kind of mods/equipment would you guys put on this kayak? It’s a Lifetime Tahoma 100

Posted by Charles on August 5, 2022 at 7:38 pm

what kind of mods/equipment would you guys put on this kayak? It’s a Lifetime Tahoma 100

Charles replied 1 week, 4 days ago 2 Members · 30 Replies
  • 30 Replies
  • HeliMD205

August 5, 2022 at 7:38 pm

A paddle holder and a couple of rod holders yiu should be set . Don’t need to go over board right away get out on it and see if it’s going to work for you first.

• Turbulent_Injury3990

Op, especially for new kayak anglers, the rule of thumb is *usually* less is more. The more stuff you have to bring out with you the less often you’ll go and the sport can die out before you really get into it.

I would look at CHEAP options to upgrade your kayak that are quick and easy.

Things id recommend would be a way to hold at least one rod so it doesn’t sit between your feet as you paddle. As mentioned a paddle holder of some sort. Depending on the water conditions consider an anchor. Also consider some safety gear like a pfd (REALLY) and a whistle. That’s all you really need at first. Longer trips you may want a seat upgrade.

Now let’s actually talk about these items.

A paddle holder? Go get two small bungee that can hook on themselves. One bungee for the paddle and one to fasten it to any cord 9n your kayak.

For a rod holder or two? Small crate in back. Milk crates are popular and can hold a tackle box as well but it may not fit in your tackle box. If it doesn’t just build a custom crate out of some plywood/scrap wood or pvc. Rod holders themselves can be made out of pvc it’s super simple and doesn’t require drilling holes.

Pfd and whistle are self explanatory. Anchor is really extra right now but, if conditions are right, a brick or two and a long cheap rope that’s not going to dry rot. Add in two d rings from any Walmart for $4 and now you can tie a few loops in the rope to easily and quickly set a preferred length.

A seat upgrade; I recommend just a $5 stadium stead PAD from Amazon. It’ll get wet but you’re butts wet anyways. It’ll get you going from only a few hours of fishing to like 5 hours of fishing if you can readjust in the kayak.

My .02 tight lines and be safe.

• 94toy22re

Upgrade the seat

• Mr-Crumbs

I have the same model! I would say to do the following upgrades/purchases:

1. Buy a stadium seat and remove the stock backrest. If you’re fishing for more than even 1 hour you’ll be thankful. Easily my #1 suggestion.

2. Milk Crate for storage. There’s a bundle package by Yakattack that’s sold at most major outfitters. Comes with pole holders and a nice mesh pocket. I put it behind my seat and it’s held down by the bungee X in the back.

3. Lifevest. Just wear it.

4. Oar holder or leash

5. Anchor. The wind really pushes you as a small craft.

6. Anything else! Buy some shit! Make it your own!

• AwarenessMammoth5488

Seat has to be upgrade #1!!

• beatrice1138

The number 1 kayak fishing accessory of all time… a milk crate

• Plane-Refrigerator45

The more stuff you add, the more stuff is in your way. Simplicity is underrated.

• ApprehensiveBuy9348

Look at a Tamarack (not pro) – it’s the exact same mold, but the tamarack has two flush mount rod holders behind the seat and an additional rod holder front right. Lifetime essentially makes Tahoma, then adds a few accessories and it becomes a tamarack.

• HabbleDabble235

One new seat that doesn’t hurt your ass after 2 hours out one milk crate of the standard size one fishing rod holder and one cooler full of gear that’s small enough to fit in the milk crate and maybe a radio

• robbodee

You might be able to melt it down and make a rod holder out of it.

• chiibosoil

Keep it simple. Rail mount for rod holders. And you will want anchor trolley.

But first, go out few times as is. You will find your wants and needs before making modifications.

For me, it was anchor trolley. Went out on a mildly windy day (about 10 miles/hr) and I was paddling more than fishing. That pushed me to get 3lbs anchor and trolley to control my position.

• SuBiE-dUdE

I have this same kayak the first thing I did was put a more sturdy seat on it and some pole holder

• gmwit123

Get the stadium seat, the Cascade Mountain seat on Amazon fits perfect and will save definitely save your back. Also a milk crate for the back, an anchor, and Velcro to secure your tackle box! I put pvc pipes in the milk crate for more rod holders and a 6” one for my anchor secured with zip ties.

• geoff-gurn

Seat anchor trolley paddle holder

• michaelraffeallo

When I first bought my kayak I focused on Safety Accessories. Bought a GOOD personal flotation device, a mountable light for dusk & dawn, whistle, flare, first aid kit, glow sticks, oar leash and a small survival kit to make fires in an emergency.

Page 1 of 2
Reply to: Charles
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now