The GUN Forum

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

home Forums – The GUN Forum Firearms Rifles Will a Remington 700 sps with .223 heavy barrel fit a B14 HMR SA stock?

• Will a Remington 700 sps with .223 heavy barrel fit a B14 HMR SA stock?

Available_Owl5210 updated 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Available_Owl5210

May 14, 2022 at 5:06 am

I know you have to a little fitting for the stock as seen here https://youtu.be/o2GZHIJy8iA

But I’m confused on the barrel will the barrel channel need to modified to fit. Also what’s a contour and how do I find it?

• lswins

What barrel profile on the Remington? I have a HMr I could try my AAC 308 in if you need it. But the HMr has a fairly thick profile already and should fit based on the eyeball test.

• likeafuzzyderp

Hey I’m actually relevant here in this niche situation. I put a Remington 700 aac in a Bergara BMP chassis.

YES* it will fit. Barrel contour will not be an issue.

*you will need to make a minor inlet for the trigger mounted bolt release. Bergaras do not have this space milled out because they have action mounted bolt releases.

• jorbkkit

Yes, but with caveats.

1. If you don’t have a side bolt release you might need to dremel some material to fit the trigger release
    2. Your barrel channel might need minor inletting. I had to remove some material directly in front of the recoil lug for a rem varmint contour to be free floated.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies
Reply to: Available_Owl5210
Your information:

Cancel
Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now